What to Ask When Hiring a Property Manager
for Your Vacation Rental
Access Our Comprehensive Guide
Finding Someone You Can Trust
Hiring a property manager means finding someone you can trust and will ensure that your rental and your guests are in good hands. We have formulated some crucial questions to ask when finding the right property management company:
- Do they have a knowledge of the area market? Casago managers are residents who have lived in the area for many years and know the local market.
- Do they market your home online? Casago lists your home on many sites, including Homeaway, Airbnb and VRBO.
- Do they have relationships with the local realtors? We can get your property listed on Rent.com and Zillow or can rent it long term as corporate housing.
- Do they meet the guests in person? Lock boxes and electric codes are not our style; we meet guests in person.
- Do they do screening of all potential guests? Background and credit checks are arranged for all guests upon their booking of the reservation.
These are just some of the questions you might ask a potential manager of your vacation rental.
Casago offers four thorough inspections to ensure the property is right for both the guests and the property owner, when the guests leave.
- Pre-guest arrival inspection
- Post-arrival Inspection with guest
- Move-out inspection with guest
- Post-cleaning inspection
Upon arrival, we validate that the policy of pets or no pets is in force. We also check that the number of guests is what was listed on the reservation. An agreement is signed to prevent any issues in the future.
Managing Your Rental Yourself?
Why handle the rental yourself when you can choose a reliable and trusted manager? Hiring a property manager is just a matter of knowing what questions to ask and getting the best answers. We have a form with 10 questions to ask that you can get for FREE.
We are the company to choose when it comes to finding the right property management business. With over 20 years of combined experience with vacation rentals and property managing, we can help you make the most of your investment. Moreover, having the right company managing your property is an investment in your peace-of-mind.