The West Fork Trail, also referred to as the West Fork Trail of Oak Creek, is a very popular hike in Sedona, Arizona. There are plenty of reasons why this is a common choice against all the other potential hikes in the area. For starters, West Fork Trail is "easy" on the difficulty scale. This easy ranking makes it very easy for people of all ages to join in. Therefore, it's a great outdoor activity for all groups and families!
About the West Fork Trail:
- Out & back style trail.
- The elevation is around 564 feet.
- ~6.5 miles in length
- Difficulty is easy
- Picnic tables, bathrooms, and trash cans are available
- This hike takes approx. 2-3 hours
This trail is highly ranked due to its gorgeous scenery! Reviews credit its beauty to the lush forest, canyon walls, and flowing river throughout the 6.5 mile hike. There are over a dozen stream crossings which have stepping stones or logs to aid you.
West Fork Trail is located about 9 miles or 20-25 mins north of Sedona. The trailhead is found between mileposts 384 and 385. If you're taking the 89A North, the recreational area and trailhead will be found on the West side of the Highway - down a paved road.
- West Fork Trail is dog-friendly! However, dogs must be kept on a leash for their safety and the safety of those around them.
- The walk in fee is $2. Whereas, the parking pass is $10. The cost of the parking pass includes admission to the trail for up to 5 people. Any additional people in a vehicle are subject to the $2 fee.
- Whatever you pack in, you should pack out with you. Or, dispose of your trash in a trash can. Don't litter!
Notes: Make sure you arrive early to secure a parking spot. Keep in mind that during high fire danger, this trail will be closed. This typically occurs in late June. Additionally, it's important to mention that this trail can become extremely crowded during the summer. In turn, this will make parking more difficult as well.
- Price of the parking pass includes admission for up to 5 people.
- Picnic tables, trash cans, and bathrooms are available for use.
- Pack for a 2-3 hour trip.
- Wear waterproof shoes.