When you're ready to unleash your inner Viking or lumberjack, get to Yosemite Axe Throwing!
This adrenaline-pumping attraction was founded by Nate Hodges, a world champion ax thrower and the #2 ranked U.S. Stihl Timbersports Athlete.
Nate has designed a place that is far from your typical ax-throwing range.
The first unique thing you'll notice at Yosemite Axe Throwing is the warm scent of cedar and pine, a deliberate choice to bring the outdoor experience inside. But what makes this special is that target lanes and countertops are crafted from reclaimed wood salvaged from local fire scars.
The other factor that makes Yosemite Axe Throwing unique is the targets are logs and not flat boards. Lumberjacks use this, so Nate wants you to experience the "Real McCoy."
Whether you're a seasoned ax thrower or a curious first-timer, Yosemite Axe Throwing promises a thrilling experience steeped in the rich tradition of timber sports.
Fun Facts & Cool Features
Yosemite Axe Throwing is the only ax-throwing company in the world that uses 100% reclaimed trees for its targets. These trees are salvaged from timber lost due to drought, storm damage, wildfire, or bark beetle infestations. This approach demonstrates an eco-friendly commitment.
Another highlight is throwing at log targets, not boards like you see at other facilities. You'll have an authentic throwing experience, like lumberjacks or those competing in the sport.
A unique feature of Yosemite Axe Throwing is its mobile unit, which can bring the experience to your event. Whether it's a birthday, wedding, fundraiser, fair, or rodeo, their mobile unit can accommodate any party.
The package includes an instructor, axes, targets, and a safe enclosed environment. All guests need is a willingness to have fun and try something new. This feature offers a convenient and exciting way to include ax throwing in various events and gatherings.
Are you ready to turn your Big Bear getaway into a lumberjack-challenging experience? Then get to Yosemite Axe Throwing and let them lead the way!
Here's how you can get to Yosemite Axe Throwing from Big Bear:
- Start at Big Bear Blvd in Big Bear, CA.
- Head west on Big Bear Blvd toward Paine Rd.
- Continue straight to stay on Big Bear Blvd.
- After approximately 5 miles, you will arrive at your destination.
- Address: 41530 Big Bear Blvd.
Below are the costs for Yosemite Axe Throwing:
- Standard Fee: $30 per person for 1 hour
- Group Rate (6+): $25 per person for 1 hour
Check their website for rates on leagues and tournaments.
Prices are subject to change; check their website for up-to-date information.
- The activities at Yosemite Axe Throwing are suitable for participants aged 8 and up.
- It's mandatory to wear closed-toed shoes for safety when participating in axe-throwing.
- Don't worry if you're a beginner; Yosemite Axe Throwing offers coaching and guidance for all skill levels.
- If you're visiting in a group of six or more, inquire about group discounts to save on the cost of the experience.
- Book the mobile axe-throwing unit for a unique party or event that brings the experience to your location.