Excitement comes in many forms in the Zona Romantica! This region of downtown Puerto Vallarta is one of the most popular places to stay in and for good reason. Overflowing with bars, restaurants, exciting things to do, and shops - it's highly likely you'll find yourself here on more than a few occasions throughout your trip.
Lush hills, historic buildings, charming villas, cobblestone streets and more - the Romantic Zone will steal your heart! If you're looking to stay in the most lively hub within Puerto Vallarta, you're going to want to stay here. Commonly referred to as the South Side or Old Town, this area is a hot spot for locals and tourists alike. There is no shortage of activities and eateries!
Did you know that Puerto Vallarta is famously known as one of the most LGBTQ-friendly cities in Mexico? Additionally, Puerto Vallarta is a very popular city for ex-pats from the U.S. and Canada. There is a large concentration of expats who enjoy the exciting life that living in the Zona Romántica offers.
This zone of Vallarta is incredibly diverse. From the people to the food, everyone is welcome!
Activities in Zona Romantica
Some of the most popular beaches in Vallarta reside within the Romantic Zone. This includes Playa Los Muertos and Playa Olas Atlas. You'll find that these beaches tend to be very crowded as they are in one of the most popular regions. All your favorite water sports are available here such as paddle-boarding, parasailing, and surfing.
Are you interested in spending a night out on the town? This is the place to do it. There are plenty of bars and clubs that stay open late. Additionally, this is a popular place to celebrate a bachelor or bachelorette party before your wedding! In addition, many restaurants around area also open late for those late-night cravings.
Looking to shop? There are dozens of vendors who sell items along the beach. Additionally, there are plenty of storefronts. You can find souvenirs, clothing, jewelry, you name it!
Restaurants in Zona Romantica
Every type of cuisine you are looking for is available. Breakfast, Italian, Mexican, Seafood, Breweries, and more. The Zona Romántica is filled to the brim with eateries.
- La Palapa is famous for being the first beachfront restaurant in Puerto Vallarta! You definitely want to make a reservation here for dinner as the views, ambiance, and food are spectacular. They are also open for breakfast and lunch.
- Pancho's Tacos: Highly-rated and open from 4PM to midnight. This is a great spot for a late-night meal after enjoying a night out.
- The Blue Shrimp is a popular beachside seafood restaurant open from 9AM-11PM.
- Restaurante Casa Nicole: Open for breakfast and brunch, this impressive and cozy eatery boasts a nearly perfect 5 star rating.
- Lix Homemade Ice Cream: Ready for dessert? This is one of the best places in town! They offer homemade ice cream. In addition, they sell Mexican coffee and chocolate!
- Support local vendors and try some street food! Actually, many people find street to be some of the best, most authentic there is.