Need help with Playa del Carmen travel information? Casago is your portal to a dreamy escape to the Riviera Maya’s favorite beach town. Featuring blue-green waters and miles of unspoiled beaches, “Playa,” as it is locally called, is among the Mexican Caribbean’s trendiest places, luring thousands of visitors each year. Kick-start your vacation planning with our local expertise, and get ready to enjoy a blissful escape to Playa del Carmen!
Find all of the travel information you need at Casago!
Playa del Carmen Weather
Playa del Carmen has an inviting sub-tropical climate thanks to its privileged location on the Yucatan Peninsula. Average daily temperatures range from 82 to 93 degrees, making this a great beach destination any time of year.
The “rainy season” technically runs from June through September, but heavy showers are typically confined to the afternoon, and it seldom rains every day.
If you don’t like crowds, one of the best times to visit is during Playa’s “shoulder season” months of April and May; just try and avoid visiting during Easter (known as Semana Santa) when hotels and beaches are packed solid. If you’re itching to escape cold winter weather at home, you can expect balmy temperatures (low 80s) from November-March with low humidity and little chance of rain.
Regardless of when you decide to vacation, you can rest assured that the ocean waters will always be warm enough for a swim! Travel tip: start booking several months in advance if you’re coming during the high season (December-March).
Playa del Carmen Transportation Options
Playa del Carmen is 45 minutes from the Cancun international airport, where taxis and airport vans will shuttle you into town. It’s prime location also allows easy access to local attractions like Tulum, Cozumel, Coba and other sightseeing destinations. Most tour operators will include roundtrip transport as part of local excursions, but you can always take shared colectivos – small vans that run between Playa, Cancun and points in between. These mini-buses make multiple stops along the way to pick up passengers and will drop you off anywhere you please.
As for getting around on foot, Playa del Carmen’s beautiful and busy pedestrian thoroughfare is 5th Avenue. Extending more than 20 blocks, this area is the best place for shopping, nightlife, or enjoying an ice cream on a hot day.
Other transportations options include:
- Taxis – Taxis are readily available throughout town, both on the street and at taxi stands on Fifth Avenue. Cabs are not metered — fares are calculated according to different zones. Ask to see the taxi pricing list before departing. Most of Playa del Carmen’s center is in “Zone 1.” Fares can range from $5 upwards, depending on your final destination. Tip: for better fares, always pay in Mexican pesos.
- Uber – The ridesharing service Uber recently launched in Cancun and may soon be in Playa del Carmen, offering an affordable taxi alternative.
- Rental vehicle – Renting a car is easy in Playa del Carmen. You can reserve online beforehand or book upon arrival. You’ll find national rental chains like Hertz on 5th Mexico requires that all foreign visitors purchase full liability insurance, which can make this option a bit more expensive.
- Bikes and Scooters – The town has several outfits that rent out bicycles and scooters by the day. Look for shops along the north end of Avenida 10.
- Public Bus – ADO is the main bus company in town, offering service to major tourist hotspots on the Yucatan Peninsula. Playa del Carmen’s two bus stations can be found on 20th Avenue and 12th Street and 5th Avenue and Juarez.
Finding Where to Stay in Playa del Carmen
When it comes to places to stay in Playa del Carmen, you’ll be spoiled for choice. Whether you prefer to be in the center of town or farther up on the coast, Casago has a diverse collection of beautiful vacation rentals – many boasting panoramic views, luxurious amenities and direct beach access. There are stylish apartments just steps away from Fifth Avenue’s dining and shopping, charming villas with private terraces, and spacious 4-bedroom homes that are ideal for large families.
Whatever your vacation style and budget, Casago can help you find a rental that ticks all the right boxes. Why rent a hotel room when Playa del Carmen villa rentals provide more space and value for the money? Enjoy more privacy along with all those convenient extras like a fully-stocked kitchen and laundry facilities. Ask about our stunning beachfront condos in some of Playa’s most exclusive resorts, and treat yourself to a pampering vacation in paradise.
Playa del Carmen Vacation Packages for all ages
Discover for yourself why Playa del Carmen has become the Maya Riviera’s premier destination for family fun, eco-adventure and relaxation. Ready to escape the daily grind and book the beach vacation of a lifetime? Casago has unbeatable deals on the best rental properties for every type of traveler. Get Playa del Carmen travel information, and learn more about our amazing vacation packages – contact us today!