Things to Do in Los Cabos Mexico
Plan Your Trip to Los Cabos and Let Casago Help You With Your Vacation Rental
Los Cabos Vacation Home Rentals
Things to Do in Cabo
The postcard-worthy beaches take center stage in Los Cabos, providing an idyllic backdrop for sun lovers and water sports enthusiasts. With its breathtaking beauty, dramatic landscapes and incredible dining, Cabo has lured Hollywood’s elite for decades and is now known for its luxurious resorts, world-class golf courses and adventuresome nightlife.
Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo are packed with chic boutiques, restaurants, lively cantinas and all the wonderful trappings of a modern tourist destination. Whether you’re on your honeymoon or traveling with friends and family, the possibilities for fun and relaxation are endless with our guide to the top things to do in Cabo San Lucas.
Once you’ve planned the perfect holiday itinerary, let CasaGo show you the best vacation rentals close to all the action!
Best Cabo Restaurants
You can eat exceptionally well in Los Cabos and can enjoy splash-out meals without breaking the bank. Hankering for some truly memorable traditional Mexican cuisine? For delicious, authentic eats head to Los Tres Gallos (The Three Roosters). Cabo is brimming with family-oriented eateries specializing in the day’s catch, as well as taquerias and mom-and-pop cafes that deliver honest Mexican food.
Craving something different? Perhaps a wood-fired pizza or Mediterranean fare? Pencil in a visit to one of these diverse options:
- Flora’s Field Kitchen – farm-to-table menu where the emphasis is on fresh, seasonal fare
- Cocina del Mar – mouthwatering Mediterranean food with great Sea of Cortez views
- Hola Maria – focuses on traditional Mayan cuisine, try the Cochinita Pibil, succulent pork marinated in achiote
- Sunset Point -best Italian place in Cabo for pizza and panoramic sunset vistas
- La Patrona – in the heart of San Jose del Cabo, this elegant restaurant specializes in international fine dining and has an ever-changing menu. The “Seafood Estofado” in a spicy broth gets rave reviews!
Cabo San Lucas Beach Guide
The swath of inviting coastline between San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas has more than a dozen gorgeous beaches. Some are great for swimming, some for surfing and water sports, and others for pure relaxation. Despite their differences and nuances, all beaches in Cabo share one common trait: plenty of warm rays with nearly 350 sunny days a year!
The so-called “Tourist Corridor,” the 20-mile strip that connects the two towns has the largest number of public beaches.
- Best beaches for swimming: For calm, swimmable surf try Medano Beach (east flank of Cabo San Lucas Bay), Playa Barco Verado, Playa Bledito or the lovely Playa Palmilla.
- Best quiet beaches: Seeking a private stretch of shoreline for some R&R? Check out Playa Las Viudas (Widow’s Beach) or the empty shores of Playa Cabo Real. Be careful of the strong surf, neither is suitable for swimming.
- Best beaches for surfing/water sports: Experienced surfers can test their mettle on a range of different breaks in Cabos. Beginners can take surf lessons at Playa Acapulquito, whereas most veterans head to Playa Monumento and Playa Costa Azul – site of several surf competitions.
Cabo San Lucas Nightlife
Cabo San Lucas has earned a reputation for its late-night revelry and boisterous nightlife. Many watering holes feature live music, and there’s no better place to party than Sammy Hagar’s Cabo Wabo Cantina, which serves up hard-rocking performances nearly every night.
If you’re looking to dance until dawn or listen to the occasional big-name rock group, make a beeline for the bars, clubs and discos surrounding Plaza Bonita in downtown Cabo.
These are some of the most iconic and trending spots that define Cabo San Lucas nightlife:
- El Squid Roe
- Giggling Marlin
- Mandala Club
- Jungle Bar
- Tanga Tanga
- Mango Deck Restaurant & Bar
- Slim’s Elbow Room
Cabo San Lucas Golf
With so many playable and picturesque courses dotting the Los Cabos coastline, it’s difficult to choose just one. Several of these championship greens were designed by golf legends (Jack Nicklaus and Greg Norman, Tiger Woods among others) and feature masterful 18-hole combinations that are etched into rolling desert terrain with gorgeous mountain and ocean backdrops.
Experience the best golf in Cabo, as rated by Golf Digest:
- Diamante Golf Club (Dunes), Cabo San Lucas
- Querencia Golf Club, Los Cabos
- Cabo del Sol (Ocean), Los Cabos
- Quivira Golf Club, Cabo San Lucas
- Palmilla Golf Club, San Jose del Cabo
Shopping in Cabo San Lucas
Cabo is a shopper’s dream come true. The area is strewn with art galleries, boutiques, open-air markets in addition to modern, air-conditioned malls. From locally-made handicrafts and fine silver jewelry to Talavera pottery and specialty tequila, you can find almost everything.
Beachwear, custom-made furniture, leather goods, high fashion clothing, Cuban cigars, original paintings, and hand-blown pewter and glass are all on offer. San Jose del Cabo’s historic district is where you’ll find artisanal wood carvings, hand-made clothing and much more. Marina Golden Zone in Cabo San Lucas is the ultimate collection of boutiques, fine dining and beautiful views. Here, you can spend the entire day browsing contemporary Mexican crafts, artwork, clothing and trinkets.
Cabo Family Activities
Los Cabos may be a dreamy spot for a romantic getaway, or a sportfishing adventure with your pals, but this area is also a terrific destination for families. When you’re not building sandcastles at the beach, you can take the kids on a zip-line tour, go whale watching in the Sea of Cortez, or take a glass-bottomed boat ride to El Arco and Land’s End.
There are horseback riding excursions, catamaran tours, and family programs at Cabo Dolphins, where you can interact with these intelligent marine mammals.
For an amazing day of snorkeling and tide pool explorations, take the kids to Chileno Bay.