Tucked away in the beautiful mountains of Big Bear, California, lies a charming restaurant that has been delighting locals and visitors alike for 63 years and counting. The Teddy Bear Restaurant is a beloved local favorite that offers an array of delicious food and drink options in a quaint, cozy atmosphere.
Opened in 1944 by Eddie and Wilma Wingard, this cute little restaurant specializes in homestyle cooking and pies made from scratch. Sold to the Schweitzer family in 1991, the Teddy Bear Restaurant has continued to delight their patrons with incredible food made with love. And because of this, it has become a staple of the Big Bear community—with many locals returning year after year for its home-style cooking and friendly service.
Stepping inside the Teddy Bear Restaurant, you'll be greeted by a homey atmosphere and friendly staff. With rustic yet modern decor, you’ll find comfortable seating throughout the dining room. And with a cute outdoor patio, you’ll be able to enjoy the fresh mountain air while dining.
The menu at Teddy Bear Restaurant features classic American cuisine with some unique twists. Popular dishes include their signature steak sandwich with melted cheese and grilled onions, as well as their famous macaroni and cheese topped with bacon bits. For dessert, try one of their homemade pies or cakes made from scratch daily.
So whatever your palate is craving this home away from home kitchen is sure to satisfy. The Teddy Bear Restaurant is definitely a must-visit during your Big Bear vacation!
The Teddy Bear Restaurant makes for a great spot to bring the whole family. With its inviting atmosphere, laid-back vibe, and delicious food offerings, it's sure to be a hit for any occasion!
Teddy Bear Restaurant: Menu & Drinks
This home-style restaurant offers an array of delicious food and drink options that are sure to please everyone in your group. Here are four dishes that you must try on your visit!
Must Try Eats
- 100% Angus Pastrami Burger | House baked buns—customized to perfection.
- Homemade Chicken Pot Pie | Chunks of chicken, flakey crust.
- Bear’s Best | Slow-cooked shredded beef, grilled sourdough, tomatoes, and onions.
- Homemade Pies | Lyndakers 100-year-old recipes.
- Heads up, this is a cash-only restaurant. They do have an ATM on-site, just in case.
- The portions are extra large so some hungry, or be ready to share!
- This incredible restaurant fills up quickly, so come early to get a good seat.
- Parking is convenient with its own parking lot and easy access.